Wednesday 21 February 2018

Purana Qila



Now that the smell of the Afternoon sun 
has soaked into the freshly mowed grass

             The burden of a borrowed cigarette 
Rests heavy on my tongue.

I wish I could turn into the tree
sprawled under yellow flowers
but instead I press upon 
a lawn not made for guests. 

The faces around me wonder 
if the faces would've been different...
                      Maybe the rain would've rained
more gracefully? 

Butterflies may be new Emperors of this fort

                but it seems that, perhaps, 
                                  the birds have always been the bards.
 So...who are we?

We are tourists, trying,
                                                                    and failing, 
                           to find a home in the sky. 



No comments:

Post a Comment