Saturday 24 February 2018

Everything I Am Now

I am now a bundle - 
a bundle of burnt matchsticks
and unused condoms.

I am remnants of lovers 
who didn't kiss me goodbye
I am now the songs I didn't sing 
for ears that were listening.


I am now the tears that hide 
under my pillows till the alarm clock sniggers
at the dormancy of my dreams
and abuses erased by selective amnesia. 

I am the the calls I never returned
and the flights I took to all the cities
to save a love from drowning in alcohol.

I am the cheesecakes I baked
to win back the love I lost to insecurity,
through the stomachs of his friends

I am the lies I glued to the last page of my notebooks
all because my heart couldn't decide
which part of my body needed more blood.

I am them all,
I am all my mistakes
Wed in a bundle,
waiting to undone and re-distributed
to all those who should've loved me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment