Tuesday 1 May 2018

Self reflective piece

Writings is an escape to another world. It helps us express our thoughts and feelings. We can also create our own imaginary world through our writings. 
    Though literature was not my major, I often read poems and used to admire how Poets use to describe vast things, precisely and can give shape to emotions and thought. With that thoughts in my mind, and willingness to learn and taste the work of art and literature I took up this course as one of my elective paper. From the very first day of my class I was feel with excitement and nervousness as well. I was excited for choosing this course and getting to learn more about Poems . And on the other hand, I was nervous as this was the first time where we share our thoughts and express our feeling about the poem we read. I was also surprise to see how my fellow mates can share their thoughts and express their views and ideas so well.  Taking up this course literally took me up to another new level as I get to learn so many things and getting to learn those various forms of poetry.
      Coming to my poems which I’ve wrote throughout my course, the first one is City Poem, “Hail to the city”. Coming from a countryside with not much experience about the city life helps me open up to see the complete different world. Through this poem I express and give praises, how busy the city was and gives no place for the night or moment of solitude. Also, with its continuous advancement this city offers so much of knowledge, fame, fortune and dreams to pursue for younger generation. And I as one among them who came to this city to pursue my knowledge.
       The Political poem “She continue to pursue” is a kind of relevant to my city poem. In this poem, I express my experience which I’ve come across in this city. How I feel myself insecure though the city offers so much to learn. In this poem I use the line ‘she fails to posses the face of that city” to express my difference and our uniqueness. And how that difference makes her feel alienated from the city. Many a times I got so many comments (Chinky, Chinese) on my looks and differences. In this poem I also want to express my grief and spread awareness for a better change.
       Ghazal poem was very new to me, I came to know it through the course and taking so many examples and research I penned down my simple Ghazal Poems “Hush to Hello”. Recalling back those past experience how a simple “Hello” can mean so much and build such a strong bond between two persons. And how such an immature love can end miserably and brings about regrets for the exchange of “Hello”. 
       "Still loving you" is a love poem expressing the love and recalling those memorable time spend together with her love ones and how she beg for her love to come back. 
     Also, in this course I was also given the opportunity to write my independent poems. In my first independent poem "Nothing holds permanent”, is a simple and short poem where I’ve express my views, how everything can change with the passing of time like the passing of season and that of laughter, sorrows and feelings cease and holds no permanent in this world.
       Another independent poem with the title “Gerbera”. In this poem, it  talks about how I was so much attracted with this beautiful flower. It muses me to penned down a few line about the beauty of this flower. And how this Gerbera can give a pleasing sight in one eyes with its alluring petal.
         The third independent poem “The death bell”. In short, it talks about how often we hate and fear about the death, we will eventually meet death one day or the other and that we have to accept death as we grow older.
        “Sweet Serenade” is one of my fourth independent poem, in this poem I talks about the serenade that I once heard on one early morning that warms my heart and lifted my mood. And it took me the imagery world to write this few lines by making a comparison with endearing love, battlefield and that of seasonal harvest.
        “Mother’s love” was my first ever villanelle poem. It is a poem to express my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation towards my mother. In this poem I make a remark that no loves can compare and measure beyond from our mother’s love. Also how deep, rare and far beyond the price of that rubies. 
         In the Performative poems, “Fading with the time” I express how times runs and fade so fast and how ones life is fading with the passing of time. No matter what we cannot stop the passing of time, as for every seconds counts and those of the smile, tears we own now will vanish someday with the time.
      In response to Nitoo Das everyday life poem, I wrote about “Pen”, expressing about the necessity of a pen. And how a pen played an important role in our daily task. Also, in this poem I also convey the mindfulness and carefulness of using our pen, as once what we penned down cannot be easily erase and disappear. 
        In the second response of Nitto Das poem, I choose to write “How to grind Rice”, as I remember how I as a small girl learned to grind rice from my mother. In this poem, I have relate the history and traditions bonds during our forefather’s days and their ways of grinding rice. And how a girl child must learn to grind rice as rice is one our daily food. I have also mention the process and procedure of grinding rice in this very poem. 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment