Tuesday 1 May 2018

How to grind Rice

Grind rice?
Back in our forefather’s days
They grind their own rice.
A large wooden structure curve 
inside a shape of bowl.
That’s where the rice is put to grind.
It pass down from our ancestors.
Old tradition bounds a girl
Cannot find a groom and married off,
Lest she knows how to grind rice.
I remember my mother taught me 
How to grind a rice.
First, the rice need to dry on a daylong sunny day
And in the evening,
I was taught to tight a scarf around my waist
That holds grip and strength to crush enough grains.
I’d to Put the rice in that wooden structure curve shape bowl
To start the grinding.
I was told to lift a heavy wooden rod  
With my leg set apart avoiding any mistake of hurting my small feet
And grind the rice back and forth
until it looks well crush.
Later,
I’ve to winnow the chaff from those piles of rice.
Until I find the whole fine grain.

And thats how I learned to grind rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment