Wednesday 2 May 2018

Change in Hanuman

Have you caught a glimpse of Hanuman lately
on blackening walls and the back of cars?
Oh man, has he reinvented himself or what!
He just does not seem like the Hanuman I knew as a kid.
The one my mother told me to look up to.
The good-humoured one
with a humble smile
and gentle manners.
Now he looks like someone I was warned about.
More butch
and somehow, more angry.
Blood shot eyes
knitted eyebrows
a threatening frown.

It almost doesn’t seem like him.
Maybe this one’s an evil twin.
It looks like the dark side caught up with him.
Or maybe it’s just protein and gym.

Whatever it is, I have to warn.
The Hanuman we knew, is certainly gone.
He is offended easily and losses his calm.
He is out to slay his “enemies”, or well
Ram’s.





No comments:

Post a Comment