Tuesday 27 March 2018

It's Not Love




It’s not like I love you or anything.
Don’t get me wrong
and don’t freak out.
It’s just that whenever you are around
I suddenly become fifteen again.
I become the one with floral frocks, falling fast
for the first time -
in confusion (Not love, it’s not love).
It’s just that whenever my phone blinks
and your name flashes on its screen
something somersaults in my tummy.
But don’t get me wrong.
it’s absolutely nothing romantic.
Maybe it’s just hunger you know.
A hunger for your awkward and slightly slanted smile,
the one that squints your tiny eyes almost completely.
It’s really adorable.
But wait, I don’t adore you per say.
It’s really just the smile.
Well sometimes the crooked nose.
But that’s just general.
Nothing deep.

I don’t want you to misunderstand so I’m making it crystal clear
it’s nothing like one sees in cheesy movies
or reads it corny novels.
It’s just that mostly I don’t feel normal when your fingers brush my skin.
But wait
that can happen to anyone per se.
So
It’s not you.
It’s certainly not love.
But I do love your red tie.
It does something to me,
Something that would ruin the innocence of this poem.
.
Do you understand now?
It’s not affection at all.
No romantic feelings.
It’s just that I feel fifteen again
and end up writing
teenage love poems at twenty.
Oh Crap!
Not Love.


No comments:

Post a Comment